Creating a lifestyle change isn’t easy, but by making the decision to lead a healthier life you’ve taken the first step. It’s the second step that tends to be the most difficult, and the health coaches at Nova/Independent Health are available to help. Whether you want to manage your diabetes more effectively, lose weight through exercise and better nutrition, or have a more positive outlook on life, the Nova/Independent Health health coaches will provide you with the support and knowledge you need to make lasting changes to achieve better health and well-being.
Health coaches are licensed registered nurses, dieticians, respiratory therapists, social workers, and other certified health professionals who encourage self management and educate members on living a healthy life.
Health coaching programs can help you meet your personal health goals for:
• Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
• Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
• Fitness and Nutrition
With the support and encouragement of a health coach you can:
• Set short- and long-term goals.
• Create action plans and keep track of your progress.
• Outline your strengths and develop strategies to use them to achieve your desired outcomes.
You may benefit from health coaching if you:
• Are looking for motivation, discipline and accountability.
• Need a personalized plan to achieve your unique needs.
• Find all the information on fitness, health and nutrition overwhelming.
• Want assistance that is private and confidential.
To speak to one of our knowledgeable health coaches, call (716) 631-2661 or 1-800-257-2753, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. TTY users call (716) 631-3108. Print the Health Coaching flyer.